logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

eQSL_S field - How to chenge this field for 270K,000 entries
VE5SF
#1 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2022 11:48:41 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello All. I am a new user of LOGic 10. Before obtaining LOGic and Over the past year or so I have uploaded about 270,000 QSO's to my eQSL and LOTW accounts directly using the eQSL upload function on that website and the TQSL upload process to get data to LOTW. While it has been relatively easy to update the LOTW_S field for these numerous QSO's using LOGic's export function as the LOTW site responds relatively quickly, it is seemingly impossible to do this using the using the LOGic upload function the first time as eQSL is painfully slow.

So ... is there a way to change the eQSL_S field to "Y" from "N" as it currently appears in my database? Is there a need to change any other fields in bulk beyond the eQSL_S field. The eQSL website notes that once QSO's are uploaded, the electronic QSLs are considered sent and while this is understood, it would be nice to be able to see this in LOGic and thereby allow direct QSO uploads from recent contacts and contests via the LOGic automated upload function.

Thanks for any help.

Sam
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
IK0CHU
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2022 5:44:44 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)

Hi Sam,
I do not go into the management of your 270,000 qso log and I try to solve your problem in modifying all your log archive to have set the flag of the eqsl_sent field as sent to the eqsl.cc site
The technique is to use the possibility of Logic for massive changes by specifying the range of applicability and the data you need.
You need to go to Tools \ Advanced \ Database Commands
The first thing you need to do is open the log by making it active.
Then access the Replace fields contents option in Mass Change.
In the form that opens you have to choose the field to be modified or eqsl_sent and in the next box you have to enter what you have to replace or the confirmation of the shipment that will be carried out by putting .T. (dot and letter T in upper case and dot again). You can see in my screenshot.
Before confirming with OK you must click on the icon at the bottom right with the description "count records to be acted upon" so that you can see without executing the command how many records will be modified. Obviously, before doing all this, I recommend that you make a good copy of the Logic directory, if something then goes wrong.
I hope I have been of help and above all that I have been understood with my poor English. Any clarifications are available and perhaps ultimately assuming a remote connection. (Now I said it really big hi hi hi).
I authorize Dennis to kick me out of the forum if I have given false and biased information.
A cordial greeting.
Mauro IKØCHU
File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot1178.jpg (18kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
1 user thanked IK0CHU for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 4/25/2022(UTC)
VE5SF
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2022 10:37:53 AM(UTC)

Thanks Mauro. Following your advice and a little experimentation I was able to solve the problem with the eQSL_Sent field.

73 and good DX
Sam
VE5SF
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2022 8:35:03 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Thanks Mauro!

Also, we have a video on this:

https://youtu.be/5d5gyJVFQEs

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY