logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

This program requires Windows Service Pack 1
WD4ASP
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 7:31:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Dennis,

There is still this issue about not being able to update to Logic 10. Probably doesn't belong in this thread but there isn't a topic for Logic 10 I could find.

As to LOGic 10. Help had indicated that my subscription was expired and so I renewed it on Jan 24, 2022. I ran ... 6508.exe. When it completed the Logic Setup Wizard had the "Launch Logic 9" box checked. After Logic finished initializing I went to Help and tried to update to 10.0.4. It displayed the following error: "This program requires Windows Service Pack 1 or later." I'm running Windows 10 Version 21H2.

Is there something else I needed to do?

Thanks,

Fred
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 4:49:00 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Fred:

I moved your post to the Errors section and made a new thread of it.

You shouldn't have to do anything else. Searching the web, it seems to be a Windows 7 issue.

Questions: When do you get the error? When trying to run the updater, or when trying to install the downloaded update?

I have Windows 10 Pro 21H1.

A shot-in-the-dark to try. Try updating Windows. It said mine is up-to-date, but installed some stuff anyway. I am still at 21H1 even after OKing the auto restart BTW.

Also, run a Command prompt. Type

SFC /SCANNOW

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 5:22:49 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I found something else that said this error can had because the Windows Compatability settings are wrong. All Compatability settings should be OFF. Let me know when you are getting the error (updater or update) and I can advise.

DH
WD4ASP
#4 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 8:57:32 PM(UTC)

Man

Dennis,

I tried what you suggested and still got the same error.

So I tried running the updater as the adminstrator and that worked. Now I have 10.0.5 running!

I tried changing the QSLSDATE on one of the records and there is good news and bad news.

The good news is that I can fill that field in but when I click the disk icon to save it the date does not appear in the Qslsdate user field.
But it is displayed in that field in the log window. If I exit Logic and restart it the QSLSDATE field on the log page still has the date
I entered but it's still not in the Qsldate user field. See attached file.

We are getting close.

Fred
File Attachment(s):
QSLSDDATE.JPG (153kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2022 10:08:49 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Good thinking running in Admin mode.

Quote:
The good news is that I can fill that field in but when I click the disk icon to save it the date does not appear in the Qslsdate user field. But it is displayed in that field in the log window. If I exit Logic and restart it the QSLSDATE field on the log page still has the date I entered but it's still not in the Qsldate user field. See attached file.
Sorry, I see nothing amiss from your screen shot or your description. QSLSDATE is a user-defined field. It is getting saved.

Please open the USERFIELDS log form and look at that QSO. I think you will see what is going on. QSLSDATE will be there. The new USERFIELDS screen should have two userfield areas. When the first fills up, the second will start getting filled. It is blank on my screenshot, because I don't have enough data to need the second.

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

File Attachment(s):
Sqslsdate.png (43kb) downloaded 29 time(s).
WD4ASP
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2022 7:20:26 PM(UTC)

Man

Dennis,

I found that the QSO I was able to enter the QSLSDATE on the log screen but did not show up in Browse window. I brought that one up in the log screen and did Log->Fix QSO and that did it.

I used the bulk change for the rest of the QSLSDATE updates and they worked as expected.

Thanks for your help,

Fred
1 user thanked WD4ASP for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/28/2022(UTC)