logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

1010 # not imported to log
W8POF
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:05:50 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
1010 Numbers from database have not imported to log since upgrading to LOGic. Enabled is checked in Field Info.
Anyone else have this problem?

Tom W8POF
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:11:16 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Do you mean the 1010#s in your log, or the 1010 membership list? If the membership list, it won't. I think it is there from the factory, but if not just download it again.

But I assume you are saying that the 1010#s in the log weren't imported.

Ok, first of all I doubt that it actually didn't import if you used the recommended backup/restore or tools/import of the log.dbf. If you did ADIF it could be eliminated by turning that field off.

Click Forms/Log Forms and select the USERFIELDS log form. This is a diagnostic tool that shows the raw userfield data. GET a 1010 QSO, and look at the USERFIELDS data. You should see something like

1010#:1234|

Assuming that is there, we just need to figure out why it isn't displaying. Is 1010# assigned to a userfield?

Tnx/73,

DH
W8POF
#3 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 10:47:48 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Do you mean the 1010#s in your log, or the 1010 membership list? If the membership list, it won't. I think it is there from the factory, but if not just download it again.

Ok, first of all I doubt that it actually didn't import if you used the recommended backup/restore or tools/import of the log.dbf. If you did ADIF it could be eliminated by turning that field off.

Click Forms/Log Forms and select the USERFIELDS log form. This is a diagnostic tool that shows the raw userfield data. GET a 1010 QSO, and look at the USERFIELDS data. You should see something like

Assuming that is there, we just need to figure out why it isn't displaying. Is 1010# assigned to a userfield?

Tnx/73,

DH

Hi Dennis,

Jan 19: My last QSO using LOGic 8 was with N3AO. His 1010# was 35549 which showed in Memberships, and was also posted to the 1010# Field in my log.

Jan 20: Upgraded to LOGic 9 and have since updated all releases through V 9.0.41.

Feb 1: First contact using LOGic 9. Have had 211 QSO's between Feb 1 thru March 18.

Feb 4: First QSO with 1010 Member KX0A. His membership appears in Memberships but does not post to the 1010# field in my log.

I download the latest 1010 update via the internet on March 23. The updated membership.cdx (5,207kb) and membership.dbf appear in C:\program files\logic\data. Is that where they belong?

Hope this helps.

Tom W8POF
W8POF
#4 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 10:49:35 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: W8POF Go to Quoted Post

Tnx/73,

DH

Hi Dennis,

Jan 19: My last QSO using LOGic 8 was with N3AO. His 1010# was 35549 which showed in Memberships, and was also posted to the 1010# Field in my log.

Jan 20: Upgraded to LOGic 9 and have since updated all releases through V 9.0.41.

Feb 1: First contact using LOGic 9. Have had 211 QSO's between Feb 1 thru March 18.

Feb 4: First QSO with 1010 Member KX0A. His membership appears in Memberships but does not post to the 1010# field in my log.

I download the latest 1010 update via the internet on March 23. The updated membership.cdx (5,207kb) and membership.dbf appear in C:\program files\logic\data. Is that where they belong?

Hope this helps.

Tom W8POF

Dennis, the membership.dbf is33,940kb.

Tom W8POF
W8POF
#5 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 7:00:47 PM(UTC)

Tnx/73,

DH

Hi Dennis,

Hope this helps.

Tom W8POF

Tom W8POF

Dennis, I checked the USERFIELDS log form and user fields 1 thru 20 are assigned exactly the same as my logform MAIN.
I can scroll thru my log and find a log entry for which "MEMBERSHIP" shows a 1010 number, but the number does not appear in the 1010 field in my log. If I scroll back to January 19, 2012, the day before I upgraded to LOGic 9, I find a QSO with a 1010 number shown in "MEMBERSHIP" and it also appears in the 1010 field in my log as well as the 1010 field in the USERFIELDS logform.

Any ideas?

Tom W8POF

W8POF
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 10:33:58 AM(UTC)

Tnx/73,

DH

Hi Dennis,

Hope this helps.

Tom W8POF

Tom W8POF

Dennis, I checked the USERFIELDS log form and user fields 1 thru 20 are assigned exactly the same as my logform MAIN.
I can scroll thru my log and find a log entry for which "MEMBERSHIP" shows a 1010 number, but the number does not appear in the 1010 field in my log. If I scroll back to January 19, 2012, the day before I upgraded to LOGic 9, I find a QSO with a 1010 number shown in "MEMBERSHIP" and it also appears in the 1010 field in my log as well as the 1010 field in the USERFIELDS logform.

Any ideas?

Tom W8POF

Dennis, Issue resolved. The problem was in SETUP\LOG FIELDS\MEMBERSHIPS\. Informations in the "Log membership data if:" field was corrupted. Don't know if this happened during the upgrade from LOGic 8 to 9 or some other way. Hope I didn't send you on a wild goose chase.

Tom W8POF
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 5:45:34 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Ok, glad you figured it out.

No problem. When you said it was not imported I thought you meant that the old data did not transfer from LOGic 8 to 9.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4aZY