logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Problem installing 9.20.15 on laptop
K4MV
#1 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2021 1:03:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a Dell Latitude E7440 running Windows 10 (with the latest updates) that I intend to use for portable operations. I had Logic 9 installed, although I hadn't used it in about 8 months. With a USB containing the latest copy of Logic 9 that you sent me (and successfully installed on my desktop PC) I attempted to install Logic 9.20.15 on the laptop. All seems to go well until the install gets toward the end of updating the membership tables. I think the membership table updates get completed, although I'm not positive. It then appears that the process attempts to display the radio control panel but nothing shows up in the box that appears to be the radio control panel and the installation stalls as it appears that the process is attempting to complete the launch of Logic 9. Instead the stall continues (with the cursor displaying a circle) and eventually a message "Logic 9 (not responding)" appears at the top of the panel. I've let it continue for hours in the vain hope that the process would complete successfully, but it would not. I had no choice but to abort the process. I've repeated the process multiple times, to include uninstalling Logic before starting the installation process again. Any thoughts on what might be causing my problem?

Mark
K4MV
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 3:42:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Mark:

Not sure what is going on. Try this:

In the Windows Start Menu, look for LOGic. Under that, look for LOGIC UPDATER. Download and install the install the new 9.21.1.

Run the update. If that works, great. If not, run the 9.21.1 update again, but DO NOT select the option to install lists and memberships. That will bypass the part that you are getting hung on, and at least get you into the program.

Let me know.

Tnx for using LOGic. Happy new year!

Dennis WN4AZY
K4MV
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 12:25:36 PM(UTC)

Dennis,
Good news and bad news. I'm guessing there must have been a corrupted file of some kind as I had no success re-installing up updating the program. It continued to fail after loading the lists and trying to completely launch LOGic. I ended up uninstalling LOGic and deleting ALL of the files in the Logic folder (having previously backing up my logdata folder). That seems to have fixed things. I was able to re-install LOGic and all now works as expected.

Mark
K4MV
K4MV
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 12:26:44 PM(UTC)

Actually, it is all good news....although I'm not sure what the root cause may have been.

Mark
K4MV
1 user thanked K4MV for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 1/7/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 5:31:07 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, glad you got it to go. Sorry for the trouble.

Tnx & 73,

DH WN4AZY