logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Rotor Controller and .Net Runtime error
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 10:33:23 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
LOGic running fine, made about 11 QSO's over several hours. Two hours after the last QSO went to change beam heading on the rotor via LOGic's rotor control and the rotor engaged and parked at the intended heading, then the PC beeped twice as if a a com port or USB port was disconnected then reconnected. All "looked" fine, so tried another beam heading change and LOGic abruptly closed. Relaunched and LOGic all seemed fine. This happened once yesterday as well but never before.

Looking in the event log for clues, I found a .Net Runtime error associated with LOGic, see attached snippet.

Win 10 Pro 64bit v2004, LOGic v9.20.7, HyGain DCU-3 and (3) Icom rigs, IC-7300, IC-7610, and IC-9700 all interconnected with (3) Instances of Win4IcomSuites, plus (2) instances of WSJT-X. All this "stuff" had been working fine with the new PC (i7-9700k, 3.6 Ghz w/32mb Ram).

Any help on the event log error appreciated.

Brad, N8GLS
File Attachment(s):
net runtime error-20200708.png (54kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 1:41:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Brad:

Sorry for the delay in my response.

The hardware was disappearing and reappearing is not something we program around. About all we could do is ignore the error, or make our own "friendlier" error, and I don't think we would want that. I am not finding any information on exactly what "System.Exception" is. It may be some error that the library we purchased is throwing when a condition occurs that he doesn't know what to do with.

If it has only happened once, I'd say be glad hihi.

A test you could do is unplug the USB port and plug it in again while LOGic is running. If you get the same error, you can be pretty sure that's happened -- you lost connection from the hardware somehow.

Let me know what else you find.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 2:23:20 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I forgot I posted this...sorry !!

For the new PC I got a new 7-port USB 3.0 Host Controller card, all seemed fine then I got this error, followed the next day by other apps like Win4IcomSuites abruptly closing, sometimes just one instance, sometimes two, sometimes all three would close like dominos. Even WSJT-X would abruptly close at one time or another, of course LOGic would complain the loss of a rig or rotor, Win4IcomSuites as well, I then quickly realized all had one thing in common....the 7-port USB 3.0 Host Controller card. Pulled the 7-port card out of the old PC and put it in the new PC and all have been working perfectly ever since. Glad I kept the old PC !! So for now, problem solved !!

Worked the VHf contest this past weekend and no issues...except read my "Grid Mine" post as that field wasn't auto-populating like it used to.

Thanks for looking at this !!

73 de Brad, N8GLS
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 7/23/2020(UTC)