logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

SV2ASP/A added to prefix table
W7OO
#1 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 6:56:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

Could you add SV2ASP/A to the prefix table. Right now he comes up as Greece and it should be Mt Athos.

He is number 15 on the most wanted list and has been very active the last two days.

Thanks,

Bill
W7OO
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 12:07:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Will do.

If you want to do it yourself, pull up SV-A in the prefix table, and add SV2ASP/A_ to the list of prefixes.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W7OO
#3 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 1:11:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I am of the understanding that when a new LOGic update is released that the prefix table on my installed version of LOGic is overwritten. The reason I post the updates for the prefix table is that I want them to be a permanent part of LOGic.

Is my understanding correct?

If there has been a change to the prefix table and then an Update Awards is run does the individual QSO entry for the changed prefix get updated to the new country or is the table only accessed once at the time the QSO is logged?

Thanks,

Bill
W7OO
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 3:06:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Quote:
I am of the understanding that when a new LOGic update is released that the prefix table on my installed version of LOGic is overwritten. The reason I post the updates for the prefix table is that I want them to be a permanent part of LOGic.

Is my understanding correct?

Yes, absolutely correct! Thanks for posting that and past and future updates there. The instructions for DIY were just so you didn't have to wait until I post an update.

Quote:
If there has been a change to the prefix table and then an Update Awards is run does the individual QSO entry for the changed prefix get updated to the new country or is the table only accessed once at the time the QSO is logged?

The prefix table gets accessed only when the QSO is logged. Updating the prefix table has no effect on existing logged data.

LOGic would work with no entries at all in the prefix table -- it would track awards just fine. You would just have to manually log DXCC etc with every QSO.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY