logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Interfacing LOGic 9 to WSJT-X Question
N7TB
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:35:10 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I can run WSJT-X interfaced to my KX3 and can run LOGic 9 interfaced to my KX3 (either using com 9) but I can't run both at the same time. I have com0com and Omni-Rig, but I can't remember how to interface them to get both programs to work.

One of my frustrations is that if I set LOGic rig setup to the wrong com port, which happens as I have been experimenting with interfacing the two programs, Logic locks up, and when I restart my computer and run LOGic again, the same thing happens, I cannot get to the form to change the comport back to com 9 or disable the rig. The only way I can do it is to run msconfig.exe, boot in safe mode, run LOGic, make the change, then run msconfig.exe again taking computer out of safe mode boot, and then reboot the computer. This is a real time sink and has discouraged me from trying anything.

I know the solution can't be that hard, but in order to keep from having to repeatedly run msconfig and taking computer in and out of safe mode, I thought I would ask. I did look at the old video about using omni-rig with TRX Manager, but I couldn't make the logical connection to how to use Omni-Rig to make both LOGic and WSJT-X work with the KX3 at the same time.

Thanks and 73's,

Terry, N7TB
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 9:34:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Terry:

It sounds like you have two programs opening the same com port at the same time. Windows does not support that.

First of all, a trick to save you time in testing. When LOGic locks up due to Com port conflicts, kill it using the Windows task manager. Then kill whatever else has that same port open, and then you can run LOGic and change the Com port settings. You may also change the Com port settings by editing the file RADIO9.INI (or ROTOR9.ini) in the LOGic install folder with any text editor. That would be the option to use when you cannot get into LOGic.

OmniRig allows programs to appear to share a com port, but that is not what is happening. OmniRig has control of the Com port, and LOGic and other programs communicate with OmniRig using direct program-to-program communication.

Here is a video on setting up OmniRig
https://youtu.be/LE005pBpC_U
Please subscribe to our youtube channel while you are there.

We are getting closer to a direct interface to WJST-X btw.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K1VC
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 12:51:13 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Hi Terry:

We are getting closer to a direct interface to WJST-X btw.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

Hi Dennis,

I can't wait for WJST interfacing with LOGic. I'm in the WJST-X roundup this weekend and having a lot of fun with WJST-X v2 rc5 BigGrin...very time consuming having to log each RU QSO in LOGic manually. Would be great to log a QSO automatically into LOGic from WJST-X.

Vin 73
K1VC
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 1:40:30 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Meantime, you can do an ADIF export in WJST-X, and import into LOGic.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K1VC
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 1:44:22 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
That's what I did but had to go back and add some additional info manually.

When you interface WSJT-X to LOGic, would it be possible to customize what info we would like to import or will it be basic QSO info?

Thanks,
Vin 73