logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Future different approach on logforms and multiple rigs
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 2:36:32 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Dennis,

Pie-in-the-sky future request for a different approach to logforms, or some other way to;

Have one logform represent a station or "hardware" set-up, maybe home qth, vacation qth, portable qth, each of those could have multiple rigs, rotors, band decoders, etc.., so all would be different. For each "hardware" set-up you would associate your rigs to the bands they operate, similar to what can be done with the rotor now. Multiple rigs could be the same rig with a different transverter per band. I know LOGic wont know which rig i'm going hit the PTT on, but for simplicity sake I think I could manually pre-select that from the logform, a mouse click on one of the logform rig radio buttons, or, maybe set-up a function key matrix, whatever it would have to be initiated manually I think. I can see a need for several spot logs as well, maybe by rig so you can filter by the bands a specific rig can operate, again thinking out loud, you want to be able to set the correct rig to the spot, turn the rotor, etc..

As an example, for Station #1, single logform, two independent rigs each with rig display like now, all real time, I'll mouse-click which rig i'm going to manually PTT so LOGic knows what rig i'm on - or - from the spot log click the spot which will set the correct rig and rotate the correct rotor, if autologging it will log the contact, otherwise its a manual PTT.

Station #2, single logform, four rigs, 2 of which are transverters on rig #2 (so rig 1, no transverter, rig 2 no transverter, then rig 2 transverter 1, rig 2 transverter 2) only two rig displays, all real time, I'll mouse-click which rig to manually PTT - or - from the spot log click the spot which will set the rig....oops, guess I need a reverse band decoder to send a contact closure or signal of some kind to remote switch in/out the correct transverter?? Don't have any transverters yet, gotta look at that before talking......others may chime in, hi hi.

To further complicate the dream, would love to see a bandscope or an active interface that would allow for a mouse-click to set frequency from the rig display in LOGic or something else displaying a bandscope that can talk to LOGic (and vice-versa). Likewise incorporating the digital modes (similar to when Hamscope was actively supported) or something similar to fldigi built-in would be adequate.

Selfishly, I want my logger to be the focal point in the shack, too many software apps running requiring too many screens....some people are up to four monitors now, some more....data overload for sure. I only have one monitor, I have to add another, but, I cant see three...literally !! HI HI !

Best Regards,

Brad, N8GLS

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!