logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Logic 8 Installation
N2IS
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:55:00 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello Folks

This is my first post to the Forum and am not sure that I am following protocol properly, so, please bare with me.

I have just resumed my ham radio activities and have a licensed copy of Logic 8. I have over the last few years, but not recently, installed and reinstalled my copy of the program a number of times. How many times I cannot remember.

I just recently purchased a new computer and went to install Logic 8 on it. The computer, HP Envy, does not recognize the CD in the CD drive. Is there a limit to the number of times that Logic 8 can be installed or might it be a problem with the new computer?

Any help is certainly appreciated. Thank you for the bandwidth.

Ira
N2IS
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 4:17:05 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

There is no limit Ira.

You need the disk only for installation, so the installation process can verify your license to use the software.

Check the type of drive in the HP Envy, it may not be compatible with the older license mechanisms used with LOGic8. Only Dennis can help you with the license mechanism.

LOGic9 is licensed in a different way, and does not use the "CD mechanism". You receive a CD personally branded with your call sign.

Updates are no longer supplied for LOGic8. You are well advised to "reward yourself" for your effort to re-start your Amateur Radio experience with a purchase of LOGic9.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 6:54:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi Ira:

No, there is no limit to how often you can install it.

Does it not read the CD at all? Make sure it is clean -- it is soap-and-waterproof BTW :-)

If it installs but does not register, post or email me the little black number in the lower lefthand corner of the license screen, and I will fix you up. If you cannot get it to read at all, I can set you up to download it.

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY