logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

exactly where on this site is the latest update for logic 9 located
W1DEE
#1 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 9:16:09 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I honestly think the latest update should be clearly labelled at the top of the page in the forum. I am not dumb but i honestly cant find the latest update and i am afraid to click on anything that is not clear to me buried further down the threads.

I had to remove some malware from my computer. On restart, logic 9 did not work properly with several error messages. I uninstalled and reinstalled with my cd, but i am very confused where to find the latest update. help please. Joe, W1DEE
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W7OO
#2 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 10:20:23 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yup, I always have trouble finding it as well.............

Click on Logic 9 updates
On the first message in this section there is a line in red reading "Click here to go to the most recent post". Click on that line
It will take you to a message with the .60 update.

You can also cheat and follow this link:
http://hosenose.com/Foru...?find=lastpost#post3124

Good luck,

Bill
W7OO
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:33:18 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Joe,

I can sympathise with you Joe. I am sure you are not alone. It is a common theme for those new to the forum. It also took me some time - but, now, the forum works for me. Read on.

Most systems make us look for the updates. Not the Logic forum. Dennis was generous enough to create a mechanism that can work for us. You don't have to go looking for the update - it will come and find you.

Bill's comment is correct. But there might be an even easier way. Certainly a more universal way on the Logic forum.

At the very top of the "Logic 9 Updates" forum, Dennis has made the Topic for updates "sticky" - in the sense that it will always be at the top and not drop down the pages as other topics might. It "sticks to the top" where you can find it easily.

Over on the right of "Logic 9 Program Updates -- new features and fixes" Topic you will see a small ARROW and two small icons.

Forum Icons

These are your ticket to the latest update - point your mouse at them and pause a second. You will see a TIP of what the icon is for. Click the "Go to Last Post" icon and you will go to the last item in the topic - probably an item that indicates an update for Logic is available or an item about the latest Logic update.

Click the "Go to Last Unread" icon and you will go to the last item you have read - probably the last Logic update you actually applied - and allow you to catch up with all the updates you may have missed.

This technique is applicable across all the forums for Logic. You can go straight to the latest information for any forum.

Personally, I don't use that method.

After 40 years working with computers - they work for me! I certainly don't work for them.

I like the information to chase me. The last thing I want to do is chase the information. Call me lazy, but it sure saves a lot of time.

To get Logic Updates working for you, navigate your way to the Logic 9 Updates forum. Use the "bread crumb" trail under the "Logged in as:" line at the top. Its a trail of how you got to where you are. Or, go back to "Logic forum" and click down through the links to the "Logic 9 Updates" forum.

Bread crumbs

Now scroll down towards the bottom of the Logic 9 Updates forum and you will see an item that says - "Watch this forum". The Logic forum software is offering to work for you and tell you when a Logic Update has been posted.

Watch forum

No - you will not get lots of emails. You will get just ONE when an item is posted to the "Logic 9 Updates" forum. It will most likely be weeks and months between emails.

After you do that, the information about updates will come find you via email - and the email will give you a direct link to the update. Just click on the link in the email, and you will go straight there! You can "watch" any forum you like - but remember you will get a separate email whenever a new item is added to each forum.

I just love it when all those computers work for me.
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
1 user thanked vk4iu for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 12/21/2013(UTC)