logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Different version of FoxPro
K7WTG
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 12:33:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I did a little housecleaning this morning and updated Win 8 64 bit with the latest fixes and now I can't open Logic 9. The message I get is "Object file c:\program files (x86)\logic\logic.exe was compiled in a different version of FoxPro". I also updated to the latest version of Logic.

Thanks,

Pete - K7WTG
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 9:38:24 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Pete:

Sorry for the problem.

I have never run into this problem as a result of the update. It could be coincidence -- maybe LOGic.exe got corrupted and isn't really the wrong version.

I would make a backup copy of your c:\program files (x86)\logic folder. Then reinstall your original on top of your current install.

If that doesn't fix it, uninstall, delete the LOGic folder, then reinstall. I will then advise on getting stuff out of your backup folder. There is a posting on that here too.

http://hosenose.com/Foru...es-I-made-to-LOGic.aspx

Let us know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

K7WTG
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:01:38 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello Dennis,

I did everything you suggested and a few other things but none of it solved my problem so I reinstalled Windows 8. Problem solved! One thing that did surprise me was that in the process of trying to solve the problem I ran a deep scan of my anti-virus and anti-malware programs and found a couple of potential malware threats that weren't being picked up in the scheduled quick scans.

Thanks for the help.

73 - Pete - K7WTG