logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Port Not Found
K7PDW
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 1:46:37 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
In a window titled Logicapp Comm 6 I first get the message "Port Not Found". Then a new window titled Program Error, opens and the following error is displayed.

"OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from MSComm: Operation valid only when the port is open.."

I get this error after I have disconnected the USB hub that connects my computer to my USB SignaLink and the CI-V connector on my IC-756PROII. I had closed LOGic, shut down the computer, disconnect the hub, cold started the computer and then started LOGic 9 again. It will not let me get beyond this point regardless of the choice I make in the Program Error window. I never had this problem before I uploaded the last LOGic 9 update. I would like to be able to work on my log when I am not connected to the hub/radio/SignaLink. Any suggestions to help?

Thanks
Dave, K7PDW
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:53:21 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Dave:

Sri for the problem.

Delete or edit the file RADIO9.INI in the home install directory. That should get you in.

From the error it looks like you are using one of the legacy drivers. Try a new driver (no (legacy) after it). They should handle disappearing COM ports more gracefully.

73 & Merry Christmas,

Dennis
K7PDW
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:28:13 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Thank you. That solved the problem. It also resolved a problem I was having getting LOGic 9 to talk to my IC756PROII.