logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Problem since 044 upgrade
W7AO
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2012 10:24:03 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Ever since the 044 upgrade, I have had the following problem: When starting the program, I get a LOT of false alerts in the spot log indicating I need countries on bands that I really do not need. I run the " Update awards progress info" a couple of times and that seems to stop most but not all of them.

Also, when starting the program with the radio turned off, it takes way, WAY too long for the program to run. I reported this last December.

Russ. W7AO
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 8:30:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Russ:

Hard to say what has gone wrong with the spots reporting things you don't need. Running Update Awards and Progress Info is the right thing to do.

Are you sure that it isn't reporting something that you really do need? For example, a country with the band and mode underlined, but nothing in red, merely means that you need that particular country on that band and mode combination. (If you don't care about band/mode combinations, this can be turned off).

When the rig is not turned on, it will take a while to report this. It retries 20 times before giving up. We used to retry less, but that was problematic too. We could possibly display an alert after two or thee attempts to ask if you want to ignore the radio, but it is working as designed.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W7AO
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:54:27 AM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,
No, when it shows I need Italy on 10M, my log shows a bunch of I's worked and confirmed in the last 30 years. It was also showing a ZF2 needed on 6M so I checked the log and I had it worked and confirmed. A week earlier it was showing I needed a 5T on 30M, I didn't think so so searched the log and it was worked and confirmed. I really think this was happening before V044.

As for the slow start-up when the radio is off, Logic8 would show me the "cannot contact radio" alert right at start-up, I clicked "OK" and the program started. Logic9 wants to wait about 15 seconds before bringing up the "cannot contact radio" alert. Seems to me that in 2012 if a radio has not responded in 100mS, its not going to and waiting longer than this is a waste of time.

Not to be too harsh, because of the above two problems, I have now gone back to using Logic 8. It is solid and I can trust the spot log.

By the way, as expected, Logic 8 and Logic 9 run on Windows 8 Preview just fine.

Warmest regards
Russ, W7AO
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 2:08:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

"Cannot contact radio" does not sound like a LOGic error message. And LOGic 8 retried too. If it isn't then it is an oversight that worked in your favor. Anyway, LOGic 9 has the interfaces carried over from LOGic 8, so if you like the way it works better, use the appropriage LEGACY driver in LOGic 9. We will look at shortening the timeout across the board. I think 3 -5 seconds would be enough nowdays.

As for the spot log, is it just the spot log that is showing 5T needed on 30M? Is the Progress 1 window OK? This is what someone else reported:

http://hosenose.com/Foru...px?find=unread#post1470

Obviously we will fix a serious error like this ASAP. Let me know if the Progress 1 is OK so if I will know if it is the same problem as per the above post.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

W7AO
#5 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 11:30:59 PM(UTC)

The exact message is "A timeout occured while attempting to communicate with rig. Make sure rig is on and check cabling and setup parameters".

I think the VALUE column was correct, but will do some testing tommorrow to verify.

Russ, W7AO
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:41:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Quote:
I think the VALUE column was correct, but will do some testing tommorrow to verify.

Ok, and be sure to check if Progress 1 is OK -- is the problem just the spot log, or awards tracking in general -- and try the fix suggested in the link -- go into tools/setup/bands then close the form.

Tnx/73

DH
W7AO
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:45:22 AM(UTC)

Ok, started Logic9 this morning and the first thing that poped-up in the Spot Log was FP/VA2WM showing I needed it on 6M. VALUE was correct with FP. Progress 1 is correct showing FP worked and confirmed on 6M. I will go to tools/setup/bands and close the form and see what happends.

Russ, W7AO
W7AO
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:42:06 AM(UTC)

I did as you requested and have been running for more than 24-hours with no "false-positives". I guess it is fixed, but why?
Russ, W7ao
W7AO
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 11:25:41 AM(UTC)

Sunday AM
Today, Logic9 gave a N1xxx 6M spot the value of KP1 and DXCC= KP1.

Russ, W7AO

WN4AZY
#10 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 12:42:36 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

The bad codes in the band table was causing it to look up the improper band. Opening and closing the band table rebuilds those codes.

What was the exact call of the N1? Is this a spot or a call you logged? Can you reproduce the problem with a test spot? Have you tried Clean Up Indexes and Temporary Files? If you log that call, does it still report KP1? Do other N1s fail?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY