logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Importing ADIF logs and Callbook Look-ups
YS1GR
#1 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2012 4:37:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi Dennis,first of all Logic 9 is great. I've moved past the basic functions and now have started using some of the more advanced functions such as Award Progress Tracking and the Spot Log/ Bandmap functions. The Spotting Log works exceptionally well, I have spots coming in from DX Summit with the same continent selected, and spots coming in from my CW Skimmer set up via the local host. All in all it works very slick.

I am so impressed that I posted a review of Logic 9 on e-ham.com, this was the first review that I have I ever posted. Now I have a feature that I would like for you to consider. I do a lot of contesting and use N1MM. I realize that Logic has a contesting log but it is hard to beat the functionality of N1MM for contesting. After the contest I import the ADIF log into Logic and do then have to do a call book look-up for each contact. That is a long and tedious process.

I once tried doing a batch callbook look-up and that turned into a disaster as Logic got confusedand locked up. Would it be possiable to implment a set of parameters for a callbook look-up based by a start and finished date? For instance the RAC contest was this weekend on July 1. After impoprting the ADIF file I could tell Logic to only do a callbook look-up for the July 1 contacts. I don't know if this is a possiable .

Anyways Logic 9 is still the best.
73 de Gary YS1GR
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2012 6:33:09 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Gary:

Thanks for the post and your eHAM review.

Good news regarding the "update" to allow LOGic to do batch-lookup by date. It is alreay there. Click the Filter button (funnel) to the right of Select Criteria, go down to the QSO DATE line, select BETWEEN, and enter the start and stop dates. Or if doing one date, select EQUALS, and enter just one date in the VALUE column.

Was the problem with the LOGIc 8 or 9 batch lookup? We did a lot to LOGic 9, both in the callbook interfaces themselves and batch lookup. If you are using QRZ.COM, use HAMQTH instead, or at least put it above QRZ.COM in the setup. It is much more reliable, and has no lookup limitations line QRZ.COM does. QRZ Subscription on the other hand is 100% ok.

Tnx & 73,

DH
YS1GR
#3 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2012 7:24:13 PM(UTC)

That is good news Dennis, I was using Logic 8 when I tried doing the batch callbook look up. I will definetly give it a try. The Venezuelan Ind Day contest is this weekend and I'll let you know next week how the batch lookup goes. Logic 9 keeps getting better and better.
73 de Gary YS1GR
YS1GR
#4 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 12:07:36 AM(UTC)

Hi Dennis, I just imported my ADIF from the Iaru contest and did a batch call update. Everything went smoothly and I was impressed. Logic 9 is still the best.
73 Gary YSIGR