logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Auto ADIF Logging from different programs
K7PDW
#1 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2021 3:23:40 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I see there are 4 places to put path and file instructions in the Auto ADIF Logging tab of the Log Form Setup window. If I put path and file instructions in two or three places, am I correct in understanding that Logic 10.0.1 will read and log new data from whichever ADIF file get updated by the program that owns that file as long as the files are updated one at a time.

I want Logic to combine data from different programs. I use WSJT-x and JS8CALL mostly. The both use ADIF format files for their logs. I'd like Logic to combine the QSO data from each in my Logic database and do it on the fly.

Has anyone test this?
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2021 9:19:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Yes, LOGic will do what you want. Anything added to any of the 4 ADIF files will end up in LOGic's log. I have tested this, and have worked with customers who are doing the same.

The four logs don't even need to be updated "one at a time." If you did manage to write to two or more of the ADIF files at the same time, they would still get processed properly.

Let me know if any questions.

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K7PDW on 9/28/2021(UTC)
nt5a
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 4:32:33 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Are there any directions on how to do this? I cannot deduce any procedure from either of the posts. I have been having JTAlert log to ACLog, and then redundantly logging to my main log, Logic, manually. I am just getting started with FT-4 and it is too fast and does not allow me adequate time to manually enter the info. I would like to dump ACLog and have Logic take its place automatically collecting and saving the data.

A step-by-step procedure would be appreciated!

Tnx es 73 de NT5A, Bob
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2021 5:45:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Yes--

Help in LOGic (search for FT8), and
https://youtu.be/RvphbXxixt0

Please subscribe to our youtube channel.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
nt5a on 10/20/2021(UTC)
WS6X
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 9:55:33 AM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Yes, LOGic will do what you want. Anything added to any of the 4 ADIF files will end up in LOGic's log. I have tested this, and have worked with customers who are doing the same.
The four logs don't even need to be updated "one at a time." If you did manage to write to two or more of the ADIF files at the same time, they would still get processed properly.
Dennis WN4AZY

Windows 10: I have not been able to get this to work even with one external ADIF file. I use both JTDX and occasionally WSJT-X. Both these ADIF logs are on my D: drive. (Because of space limitations on my SSD C: drive, I moved the system stuff -- libraries, etc., to my larger D: drive.) Thus the ADIF log files in question are located at: "D:\Users\WS6X\AppData\Local\JTDX\wsjtx_log.adi" or "...\WSJT-X\wsjtx_log.adi."
No matter how I add this path in the LOGic "Auto ADIF Logging" tab -- either by navigation to the files with the "Select" button, or by typing the path by hand, the externally logged QSO never is added to LOGic.
Any help is much appreciated.
HNY,
Jim - WS6X
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 10:27:29 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Jim:

It doesn't sound like the problem is related to an improper path. The JTDX and WSJT-X buttons will warn you if the file does not exist. If you select it manually

Please check and make sure the QSOs are actually getting added to the ADIF files in question. Perhaps you selected the wrong ADIF files somehow or didn't tell WSJT-X or JTDX to locate the data on d:\...

Let me know.

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY
WS6X
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 5:27:37 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks, Dennis, for your prompt reply.
Turns out it was a case of a brain-dead 77 year-old falling asleep at the keyboard.
I only tried to add the auto ADIF logging feature in LOGic yesterday. Since I had been having problems with JTDX anyway, today I did a fresh install with the latest version. Even though I correctly added the D: path for the program install, I noticed that all the Start Menu / AppData / Etc. stuff was going to C:\User\WS6X\... Whoa!
Long story short... Somehow in the last upgrade install of the JTDX and WSJT-X programs, the logs were installed to the C: drive. I went back to wsjt-x_log.adi in both the D: locations, and can see exactly where the log entries stopped. Somehow in my stupor, when I opened the log file location from the File Menus, I failed to notice that the path began with C:!
So... You were exactly correct. I had barfed the path to the current log files! Everything is now working like a charm!
Thanks again,
Jim - WS6X
1 user thanked WS6X for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 1/6/2022(UTC)