logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOGic 10?
W5GA
#1 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 10:25:46 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Hey Dennis......is there going to be a version 10 at some point? It's been 9 years now since this last release, I'm sure inquiring minds would like to know (like mine!!).

73 Doug W5GA
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 9:18:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 383 time(s) in 307 post(s)
Hi Doug:

Thanks for your inquiry.

Some time ago we discontinued the practice of major updates, and instead are focusing on continuous, steady improvement. There have been many many updates in the past ten years, some of them significant, with more significant features coming. The last update was only about a month ago, and it is getting time for another.

Windows 10 itself follows this pattern. https://en.wikipedia.org...dows_10_version_history
As is much of the industry. Technology has stabilized. There is no longer the need to do rewrites to support a Graphical User Interface (Windows), or take advantage of virtually unlimited RAM or disk space, or radically new development tools.

Let me know if any questions.

Dennis WN4AZY

1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
W5GA on 3/11/2021(UTC)
IK0CHU
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 7:22:39 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Hi Dennis,
I agree with your philosophy regarding release updates. Better to take care of the efficiency of the product than the external formal aspect.
I link to this statement to point out again that by massively using the adif transfer of qso carried out in contest in the Logic you get the result of updating your log without any data other than those essential for the formal qso.
It follows that to complete the registration, manual operations must be carried out, even if some automated with the program.
By inserting a qso in real time, the program, in addition to checking the callbook, also checks and fills in the fields that refer to the membership database.
My question is to ask if in fact it would correspond to a solution that would increase the efficiency of the Logging operations if during the transfer of the adif file the program would simulate that the qso was inserted in real time, producing the filling of all the fields concerned?
Or, in another hypothesis, have a .prg file that processes the QSOs added via adif in the log to update everything that refers to the membership and avoid doing it manually one QSO at a time by displaying the data relating to the call in the membership window?
I am honest but this thing takes me a lot of time and in the long run, with massive radio activity, it becomes very heavy.
I hope I have highlighted something that could be improved, but I can also be wrong.

Sorry Doug for using your tread but speaking of efficiency I think I am in the right context. Tnx

P.S.
Some time ago I asked a question on how to manage the WAIP field with its description that did not remain stored but will probably have escaped you. If what is requested is not possible to realize it, it is enough to know that I am abandoning my project.

73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
1 user thanked IK0CHU for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 3/8/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 8:26:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Mauro:

Yes, good idea doing the Memberships lookup for ADIF import. I will do that, hopefully in the next release.

I remember the discussion of WAIP. I will look thru this forum to refresh my memory and get back to you.

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 10:31:23 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Memberships Lookup for ADIF Import:

Sorry, it won't be in this new update coming out hopefully today. I have started coding it, and should be in the next update.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
IK0CHU on 4/8/2021(UTC)
IK0CHU
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 4:59:17 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Great Dennis,
but please do not forget to add a button in the Logform to process a QSO at a time, if you need it outside of the import. It is important to process old QSOs already entered.
Thank you for what you are doing for our community.

73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
1 user thanked IK0CHU for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 4/9/2021(UTC)